Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lion and Unicorn #2 (Solution)

this pic was taken from http://www.istockphoto.com.

Lion said, “Yesterday I was lying and two days after tomorrow I will be lying again.”
Which day did he say that?

To know what day he said that, let’s check his lying schedule first.



If he’s speaking truth –yesterday he had been lying– it must be Thursday. But if he said, “…and two days after tomorrow (Sunday) I will be lying again,” it’s impossible because Sunday is a day to speak truth. In other words, he’s lying.

Knowing he’s lying at the time of speaking –yesterday he had been speaking truth and two days after tomorrow he’ll be speaking truth again– it must be Monday.


P.S.: This brain teaser I copied from Brain Teasers (http://brainden.com/logic-problems.htm). Just on click on that link, then you’ll get more brain teasers to tease your brain or even just to ease your boring day. When you get stuck, you can visit brain teasers forum to get extra “clues” from them whom have tried to solve it (but for me, it’s better to do it by myself as I did in solving this quiz). 

0 comments: