Monday, August 08, 2011

God (Always) Answers My Prayers

Everything I Need

I asked for strength and,
God gave me difficulties to make me strong.

I asked for wisdom and,
God gave me problems to solve.

I asked for prosperity and,
God gave me brawn and brains to work.

I asked for courage and,
God gave me dangers to overcome.

I asked for patience and,
God placed me in situations where I was forced to wait.

I asked for love and,
God gave me troubled people to help.

I asked for favors and,
God gave me opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted,
I received everything I needed.
My prayers have all been answered.

-Anonymous-


What an awesome and so deeply meaningful poem that I call it “a wake-up call”.

When there is a will, there is a way; a way to make our dream comes true. We’ve got to try to reach it, but effort isn’t worthy. Prayer is the complement way we should not forget.


Pray to the All Hearing (as-Samii’), the Source of All Goodness (al-Barr), as mentioned in Qur’an, “And your Lord says: ‘Call on Me; I will answer your (Prayer)….” (chap 40: verse 60). Believe in God’s promise; He’ll answer our every single prayer.

Maybe sometimes we call it into question whether He’ll answer our prayer or not. One thing we should know, God has own way to answer which we may not hear nor understand  at first (coz we only hear what we want to hear; not hear what we not want to hear); even the contrary ones to our call. But if we open our mind wider and think wiser, we’ll know that God answers.

God knows what every creature’s needs and wills. And He also absolutely knows which one is better between “needs” and “wills”; one thing we not know nor realize.

We may not get what we want, but we always get what we need (to step up the life stairs, to get a higher quality of personal life). It may something we not want, but it’s good for us.

Most people want to get something instantly. They lack of patience. When they ask for wealth, they want it fall down from sky or wish a stupid rich man bring them a box of gold and jewelries; instead of earning money by working. Too good to be true, buddy.

When we ask for strength, then we find difficulty, it’s a chance to learn how to be strong. We’ll never know how strong we are without any trials. Just like school exams, we’ll never know how good we’re mastering a subject or topic without passing the test.

So, believe that God always answers our prayers with His own way. Just try to listen more.


Created on December 2009
Revised on August 8, 2011

0 comments: