Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tae-Ho, An Inspiring Boy

I'm ashamed on me as I watch this video. Tae-ho is a little boy with-no-arms from South Korea, born in 2000. This boy has taught me that life gives me more than what I know. I just need to open my eyes wider and wider, so I can see more "colors" that makes my life be a perfect painting.


The documentary about a deformed 11-year-old boy was aired by MBC last year, but it wasn’t until recently that the video has spread virally on social-networking website Tumblr. Born with congenital deformity, young Yu Tae-ho has no arms and only has four toes on each foot. After being told by doctors that he might not make it, he was abandoned by his biological parents before his mother today, Seung Ga-Won raised him. His story has sparked an outpouring of support to orphanages in Korea.




But life is looking great 11 years later – Tae-ho loves going to school, helps his brother and sisters get ready for school and even maintains his good looks. It seems like his four toes are limitless to what they can do: he has no trouble of getting changed or brushing his own teeth. Almost Korean-drama-like, his classmate Nam-Goong Ingee has been childhood friends with Tae-ho since 2nd-grade and has been nothing but supportive towards him and even has her eyes set on marriage – but a date hasn’t been decided yet!




PS: I like the way he smiles. And I wanna know how he becomes so positive, doesn’t care about how he looks or how not have both hands stops him from doing normal child stuff, how he becomes so bright. He's wonderful! What do you think?

0 comments: